LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Instruction & Technology Services – Buffalo Road Office Location
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month Position, Full Time
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Develop reports and assist clients of Technology Services in routine use of and problem solving related to student applications software.
2. Act as a liaison between school district staff and Technology Services at BOCES for the purpose of, supporting the effective use of data warehouse/data management.
3. Establish, support and maintain databases providing data consistency and accuracy.
4. Maintain excellent communications and a professional rapport with all clients and staff.
5. Handle all activities associated with student scheduling, grade reporting, student attendance and other student applications in the distributed environment.
6. Train school district staff in the use of student applications software.
7. Monitor performance of student application software, making appropriate district and Technology Services staff aware of technical concerns.
8. Provide support for Data Systems Integration by combining data residing in different sources.
9. Other various related duties.
1. Civil Service eligibility as Computer Application Specialist: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A.) Two (2) years paid full-time or its part-time equivalent work experience in developing or maintaining database applications on micro-computers; OR,
(B.) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State recognized college or university with an Associate’s degree in a Computer Science or an Information Technology related field, plus one (1) year paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience as described in (A) above; OR,
(C.) An equivalent combination of education and training as described by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
2. Experience with multiple database environments preferred.
3. Knowledge of School Tool, Infinite Campus, IEP Direct and other student applications (scheduling, grade reporting and attendance preferred).
4. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
5. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Demonstrate exemplar customer service, including excellent phone and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).