LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Bird/Morgan School
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month Position; Full Time Probationary
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Implement the New York State Standards for Technology Education in a Special Education setting, grades 3-8.
2. Provide individualized, hands-on educational activities.
3. Develop, implement and evaluate the Individualized Education Plan.
4. Work collaboratively with other special education staff utilizing a team approach.
5. Communicate effectively among home, school staff, district and community agencies.
6. Participate in on-going professional development.
7. Other duties as requested by administrative staff.
1. NYS Technology or Vocational Education Certification required.
2. NYS Special Education certification preferred.
3. Knowledge of developmental levels of Elementary/Middle school students.
4. Therapeutic Crisis Intervention or similar training.
5. Experience working with students exhibiting learning, social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
6. Knowledge of the New York State Technology Education Standards.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).