LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Food Service Department
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Interim, January 2020 - May 2020
STARTING DATE: Anticipating January 14, 2020
1. Cook and supervise the work of Food Service personnel in the absence of the Cook Manager.
2. Assist in the preparation and service of food served in the school food service department.
3. Assist the Cook Manager with routine management functions including but not limited to: menu forecasting, production reports, temperature charts, HACCP and other sanitation reports, inventory, stock and delivery management, cash and meal accountability, kitchen equipment use and care, and other management duties as assigned by the Cook Manager or Director.
4. Supervise and participate in the maintenance of health, safety and sanitary practices as required by various regulatory agencies.
5. Assist the Cook Manager in oversight of any building vending operations operated by the School Food Service Department.
6. Assist the Cook Manager in all phases, including delivery and service, of any off-site School Food Service program operated by the School Food Service Department.
7. Provide leadership to ensure meals will be served in pleasant facilities and by courteous staff.
8. Create an atmosphere for employee productivity and satisfaction.
9. Communicate effectively with both supervisor and other employees.
10. In absence of Cook Manager, perform end of day cash handling for all Monroe One BOCES food service venues.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Cook:
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree in Food Service Administration or Culinary Arts or a closely related field, Plus six months of paid full-time equivalent experience in the preparation and cooking of a complete menu of foodstuffs for consumption on a large scale for a restaurant, hotel or institution, other than short order or fast food: OR
B. Two years of paid full–time or its part time equivalent experiences as described in (A) above; OR
C. An equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
2. Good knowledge of the principles and skills in the preparation of quantity foods.
3. Ability to support the work of others.
4. Ability to maintain and understand basic management records and carry out oral and written instructions.
5. Current valid NYS Driver’s License.
6. Experience in quantity food cooking in schools or equivalent institutions such as restaurants or hotels.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodations).