LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Part Time, Long Term Substitute
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Evaluate, plan program and provide physical therapy services for students with disabilities, ages 5 to 21 years old.
2. Development and implementation of IEP and annual goals/objectives based on each student's needs or 504 accommodation plan.
3. Delivery of on-going physical therapy services within program assignment in collaboration with teachers, other school professionals, parents and appropriate community agencies/services.
4. Participation on school/building/program resource teams and in staffing.
5. Interaction with Committees on Special Education.
6. Provide thorough and timely reporting consistent with BOCES and Departmental procedures and procedures of the program or district assignment.
7. Implementation of various service delivery models: individual, small group, integrative classroom, RtI, etc.
8. Establish and maintain a daily schedule.
9. Establish and maintain professional working relationships with school professionals, parents, students, and fellow colleagues within OT/PT Department.
10. Attend departmental and program assignment meetings.
11. Preparation of CSE packets as required by assignment.
12. Comply with BOCES policies.
13. Possible staff development for OT/PT Department and/or clinical education of PT students.
14. Supervision of Physical Therapist Assistant..
15. Maintain licensure through ongoing professional education.
16. Complete daily documentation that complies with NYSED and Medicaid requirements.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Physical Therapist: EITHER:
(A) Possession of a valid license and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as a Physical Therapist; OR,
(B) Possession of a Limited Permit to practice Physical Therapy issued by the New York State Education Department.
2. Masters or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
3. Experience with Special and General Education populations preferred.
4. Experience and/or training within sensory integration and neurodevelopment approaches preferred.
5. Experience and/or knowledge of adaptive equipment.
6. Knowledge of or willingness to be trained in NY Medicaid Guidelines.
7. National Provider Number (NPI) or willingness to obtain one.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).