LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month Position, Part Time (.40 FTE)
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Provide direct consultation to school staff, families, and administration regarding student behavior and environmental supports.
2. Conduct assessments of students (academic, behavioral, social, etc.).
3. Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments and develop, maintain, and coordinate all aspects of Behavior Intervention Plans.
4. Attend and present at a variety of meetings (BIP reviews, PLCs, faculty, CSE, etc.).
5. Provide training to professional and non-professional staff related to evidence-based behavioral intervention for students with a variety of disabilities.
6. Participate in team meetings to assist in planning and curriculum development.
7. Provide crisis support or direction to school team and families when needed.
8. Collection and analysis of behavioral data.
9. Establish positive rapport and effectively collaborate with students, school staff, parents/guardians, and district representatives.
10. Stay current with certifications and research in the field.
11. Abide by Monroe One BOCES policies and procedures.
12. Other duties assigned by supervisor.
1. NYS Certification as a School Psychologist or related area; OR
2. Civil Service eligibility as Senior Student Behavioral Assistant:
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree (or completion of 60 college credits), plus two (2) years paid full time or its part time equivalent experience involving the supervision, counseling or instruction of students in a school facility, institution or agency devoted to the care, education, rehabilitation or detention of children; OR
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree, plus one year of experience as defined in (A); OR
C. Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
3. Depending upon assignment, you will be required to have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
4. A minimum of five years of experience working with students with disabilities desired.
5. Training and experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis, Board Certification (BCBA) or willing to pursue (Significant progress toward CBA must be completed prior to end of probationary period).
6. Working knowledge of Federal and State Special Education policies and procedures.
7. Knowledge of NYS Standards.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).