LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Technology Services - 11 Linden Park
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month Position, Full Time
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Support servers and applications running in a datacenter environment.
2. Plan, implement, and support the datacenter infrastructure and applications.
3. Monitor and maintain server availability and performance.
4. Provide support for VOIP phone systems.
5. Interface as needed with datacenter infrastructure and network teams.
6. Coordinate computer services related to projects for school districts, including distributed processing systems.
7. Assist with closing Help Desk generated calls associated with expertise.
8. Perform second level troubleshooting and assistance.
9. Make recommendations for hardware/software upgrades.
10. Maintain and follow appropriate security protocols.
11. Maintain operational documentation and disaster recovery procedures.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Senior Network Technician:
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate's degree in an information technology related field plus one (1) year of paid full time or its part time equivalent experience in the operation, installation or maintenance/repair of a computer network server or network operating system; OR,
B. Four (4) years of paid full time or its part time equivalent experience as described in (A); OR,
C. Successful completion of a recognized course in computer operations and repair such as training courses offered by the military, computer hardware vendors or consultants or any other training course providing "hands on" computer operation experience, plus two (2) years of experience as described in (A) above.
D. Any equivalent training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), or (C) above.
NOTE: Applicants qualifying under option (C) must submit a certificate, diploma or letter of confirmation in support of satisfactory program completion.
Computer Operation shall not include experience in the operation of word processing equipment, or a personal computer, micro computer or any other self contained unit.
2. Experience with administration of Microsoft Server and Linux OS preferred.
3. Experience with VOIP and PBX telephone systems preferred.
4. Experience with networking hardware and software.
5. Knowledge of SQL, Apache, IIS, Citrix, and Active Directory preferred.
6. Knowledge of VMware and SAN technologies preferred.
7. Knowledge of IT technologies such as clustering, fault tolerance, high availability preferred.
8. Fluent in IT networking terminology, installation and administration.
9. A self-starter who is able to work on a team and independently.
10. Must have good personal communication and writing skills.
11. Physically able to perform duties of the position with or without accommodations.