LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; e-START, Carlton Webster Building, Henrietta
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month Position; Part Time, .6 FTE
STARTING DATE: September 3, 2019
1. Plan and provide high quality Art instruction for adolescent students exhibiting social, emotional and behavioral needs in accordance with NYS mandates.
2. Implement Individual Education Programs (IEPs) and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) for secondary students.
3. Work in a team environment that fosters the philosophy of collaborative planning and the interdisciplinary approach to learning.
4. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents, districts and community agencies.
1. NYS Certification in Initial/Professional Visual Art or Permanent Art required.
2. NYS Certification in Special Education preferred.
3. Experience with adolescent students with significant behavioral/emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities preferred.
4. Training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention strategies or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
5. Experience with secondary curriculum development preferred.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).