LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Building 5
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, 12 Month Position, Probationary
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Provide general support to the Department.
2. Work with other leadership staff in the department to maintain quality support services.
3. Communicate with school districts with regard to service needs.
4. Assist with management of substitute assignments and on-going recruitment.
5. Participate in BOCES-wide initiatives.
6. Provide leadership, supervision, observations and evaluations to staff.
7. Recruit, interview, assign and train new employees.
8. Assist with problem solving
9. Provide on-going support and staff development.
10. Assist with scheduling and staff assignments.
11. Travel to various work sites as necessary.
12. Perform related duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Department.
1. Civil Service eligibility as Assistant Director of Programs: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma plus EITHER:
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master’s Degree in Education, Special Education, Educational Psychology, Child Psychology, Social Work, Deaf Education, Deaf Cultural Studies, American Sign Language or a closely related field of study, plus one (1) year paid full-time or its part-time equivalent professional* experience in educational program development and delivery, curriculum development and delivery, training development and delivery, or providing referral services, all of which must be related to youth (ages up to, and including twenty-one (21) years of age); OR,
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields mentioned in (A) above, PLUS three (3) years paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience as described in (A) above; OR,
C. An equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
*Professional experience does not include clerical or secretarial experience.
2. NYS Certification as a School District Administrator (SDA)/School District Leader (SDL) or School Administration & Supervision (SAS).
3. NYS and/or National Certifications or eligibility for certification, in one of the following: Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Sign Language Interpreting, Teacher of the Visually Impaired/Orientation & Mobility, Special Education.
4. Fluency in American Sign Language.
5. Experience with Support Services for Deaf/Hard of Hearing and/or Visually Impaired children.
6. Knowledgeable of current trends in assistive technology.
7. Outstanding leadership skills.
8. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
9. Possess a valid license to operate a vehicle in New York State, or otherwise demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
10. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).