LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Records Management
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month Position, Full Time*
*Full time position offers medical/dental and tuition benefits, eligibility for loan forgiveness, vacation/sick/personal days, and paid holidays.
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Uphold and preserve confidentiality of record information.
2. Follow strict policies and procedures regarding the management of records as well as their destruction.
3. Process records transferred into and out of the Records Center safely and securely.
4. Able to lift standard boxes (12x10x15) approximately 25-35 lbs.
5. Enter and retrieve data from computer.
6. Purge, scan and verify boxes of incoming district files.
7. Operate digital scanning systems.
8. Communicate (written and verbal) information with school districts and BOCES in a polite and professional manner.
9. Work independently and meet deadlines.
10. Practice safe work habits.
11. Take incoming requests from school districts and BOCES to retrieve documents stored in the Records Center.
1. Civil Service eligibility as Office Clerk III: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma plus EITHER:
A. Two years paid full time or its part time or volunteer* equivalent office clerical or secretarial experience; or
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college semester credit hours; or
C. An equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
*Volunteer experience must be documented by the participating agency and signed by the appointing authority. Employment dates, average number of hours worked per week, and job duties must be included. Documentation must be included with your application.
2. Five (5) years of paid clerical experience with emphasis on files and indexing.
3. Ability to handle confidential material/information appropriately.
4. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
5. Excellent telephone and strong interpersonal skills.
6. Proficient in use of PC, familiarity with Microsoft Access and Word.
7. Ability to problem solve and work independently with minimal direction.
8. Follow through with given jobs/assignments.
9. Work well as a team player with districts, BOCES, and department personnel.
10. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodations).