LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Midwest Region Partnership Center - 15 Linden Park
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 11 Month Position, Full Time
START DATE: Anticipating September of 2019
1. Provide regional training on literacy related priority topics as identified by the New York State Education Department.
2. Provide targeted professional development and technical assistance on literacy related priority topics to administrators, teachers, and other staff in New York school districts across Western NY as determined through the regional planning process.
3. Provide technical assistance and support to school districts and non-district providers identified through the regional planning process to implement and sustain literacy practices within multi-tiered systems of support.
4. Engage in Regional Planning Process.
5. Utilize tools and training materials developed and/or approved by the Technical Assistance Partnerships to provide PD/TA.
6. Work professionally and collaboratively with Regional Partnership Center Systems Change Facilitator, other Specialists in the Regional Partnership Center, SEQA Supervisor and Regional Associates, Technical Assistance Partnership; Associates and FACE Centers to develop and carryout the regional work plan. This includes attending and participating in Regional Level Team meetings.
7. Participate in Professional Development activities as directed by RPC SCF and Technical Assistance Partnership, including 2-day training in Albany, monthly webinars, online learning opportunities, and regional meetings.
8. Provide training data and other requested information to the Technical Assistance Partnership for Data and NYSED/Office of Special Education in the time frame and format established by the Office of Special Education.
9. Provide requested information and resources to be up loaded to the website for the Partnership.
1. Master’s degree in special education or Literacy related field preferred.
2. Bachelor’s degree in special education and at least three years teaching experience preferred.
3. Experience in providing professional development and technical assistance preferred.
4. Must possess valid license to operate a vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).