LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, School Age FACE (Family and Community Engagement) Center - 15 Linden Park
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 11 Month Position, Full Time
START DATE: Anticipating September of 2019
1. Provide regional training and support made available to families and other stakeholders. Trainings will be planned under the direction of Office of Special Education and the Professional Development Specialist.
2. Identify and maintain regional resource information for community partners that serve students with disabilities and their families, ages 5-21.
3. Post regional resource information on a community resource map.
4. Work collaboratively with the Early Childhood Family and Community Engagement Center to ensure alignment of work and avoid duplication.
5. Provide information to the Regional Level Team.
6. Develop and strengthen interagency connections with community agencies serving students 5-21.
7. Establish regular communication with local agency staff/groups.
8. Participate in Professional Development activities as directed by Partnership Implementation Team and Technical Assistance Partnerships, including 2-day training in Albany, monthly webinars, online learning opportunities, and regional meetings.
9. Utilize tools and training materials developed and/or approved by the Technical Assistance Partnerships to provide regional training support.
10. Host/attend regularly scheduled collaborative meetings with agency staff, schools, administrators, and families to develop and strengthen interagency connections as determined by the Partnership Implementation Team.
11. Seek out and cultivate new relationships with community partners who support children/students with disabilities (k-12).
12. Submit training data to the Technical Assistance Partnership for Data for the purposes of evaluating the effectiveness of the Partnership.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Special Education with relevant experience; or
2. Certification in Special Education or related field, or Master’s degree and three years related experience preferred.
3. Must have experience in providing professional development, technical assistance, and community outreach.
4. Must possess valid license to operate a vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation requirements of the job.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).