LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Midwest Region Partnership Center - 15 Linden Park
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 11 Month Position, Full Time
START DATE: Anticipating September of 2019
1. Provide training, information, professional development, and technical assistance on issues related to transition planning and services to school personnel within districts identified by the New York State Education Department.
2. Work professionally and collaboratively with the following:
- Systems Change Facilitator and other Specialists within the Regional Partnership Center;
- Special Education Quality Assurance Office Supervisor and Regional Associates;
- Associates within the Technical Assistance Partnership;
- Specialists within the Family and Community Engagement Centers;
to develop and carryout the regional work plan building district capacity. This includes attending and participating in Regional Level Team meetings.
3. Participate in Professional Development activities as directed by Office of Special Education’s Regional Partnership Center and Technical Assistance Partnerships, including 2-day trainings in Albany, monthly webinars, online learning opportunities, and regional meetings.
4. Engage in Regional Planning Process as outlined by the Partnership Implementation Team.
5. Utilize tools and training materials developed and/or approved by the Technical Assistance Partnership Centers to provide Professional Development and Technical Assistance.
6. Provide training data and other requested information to the Technical Assistance Partnership Centers for Data and NYSED/Office of Special Education in the timeframe and format established by the Office of Special Education.
7. Provide requested information and resources to be up loaded to the website for Partnership.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in Special Education or related field; or
2. Bachelor’s degree in Special Education and at least three years secondary teaching experience preferred.
3. Must possess valid license to operate a vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).