LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Eastern Monroe Career Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Per Diem Substitute; for the 2019-2020 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
1. Accept daily absence calls from the automated sub calling system and report for classroom assignment.
2. In the absence of regular classroom teachers, implement daily lesson plans for high school students enrolled in various career and technical education programs.
3. Maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment.
4. Maintain appropriate records including attendance and daily grades.
5. Communicate effectively with administration and other school staff regarding student needs and progress.
6. Perform other duties as necessary.
1. Current and valid NYS Certification preferred.
2. Work experience in one the following career and technical education fields preferred but not required: (Construction Trades, Culinary Arts, Criminal Justice, Cosmetology, Health Care, Visual Communications, Information Technology, Automotive, Welding)
3. Experience working with secondary level students preferred.
4. Knowledge and experience implementing New York State Curriculum and Standards preferred.
5. Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).