LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Rochester City School District and/or Fairport Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, Part Time, and Substitute positions; 2019-2020 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
Duties may include, but not limited to:
1. Performing treatments and procedures such as (but not limited to) soaks, recording vital signs and weight, medication administration, accompanying students on trips.
2. Screening students for illnesses, height, weight, scoliosis, vision, hearing.
3. Administer first aid as needed using School Health Services medical policies.
4. Communicate appropriately with School Nurse, school personnel and parents.
5. Carry out medical providers’ orders as required.
6. Have working knowledge of school health care regulations.
7. Work under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
8. Administer medications at other locations as needed.
9. Work with diabetic students to assist in becoming self-directed.
1. Civil Service eligibility as an Licensed Practical Nurse: Possession of a valid New York State Registered Professional Nursing (RN) license OR valid New York State Licensed Professional Nursing (LPN) license.
2. AED/CPR Certification required; must renew with Monroe # 1 BOCES.
3. Pediatric experience preferred.
4. Must be physically able to perform all essential job duties required of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), which may or may not include: responding to emergency situations quickly (may require running up/down stairs or running to sports field areas).
5. Must be able to perform CPR in a kneeling/floor-based position for a minimum of two continuous minutes. (This requirement is job-related and consistent with business necessity because: (1) due to the nature of the workplace, this individual may be the only person on-site who is certified to perform CPR and (2) in almost all cases, the individual in need of CPR is at ground level.)