LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Rochester City School District and BOCES Suburban Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Substitute, Full Time & Part Time positions; 2019-2020 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
To sub per diem for 1:1, full time/part time Health Aide positions and School Health offices at Elementary, Middle and High School levels for BOCES and the Rochester City School District which may include the following duties:
1. Assist with maintaining and completing adequate, legible reports, health records and forms.
2. Record and file health information and records accurately.
3. Assist with screening students for: scoliosis, vision, etc.
4. Provide assistance in generating, completing and disseminating forms.
5. Utilize computerized Health Record for recording information.
6. Administer first aid, as needed using School Health Services medical policies.
7. Screen students for illnesses, e.g., interview students, take temperatures, and inspect skin.
8. Communicate appropriately with Nurse, school personnel and parents.
9. Provide individual personal care for 1:1 student as needed.
10. Assist 1:1 student with academic tasks as needed.
11. Accompany 1:1 student to all programs/therapies as needed.
12. Work under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
1. Civil service eligibility as a School Health Aide: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma.
2. Medical/health experience preferred.
3. AED/CPR training a bonus; must renew with Monroe # 1 BOCES.
4. Must be physically able to perform all essential job duties required of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), which may or may not include: responding to emergency situations quickly (may require running up/down stairs or running to sports field areas).