LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various Locations; Component and Non Component Districts
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month Position, Full Time
STARTING DATE: August 2019
1. Diagnosis and management of non-medical aspects of hearing loss for students ages 5 to 21 years in an educational setting.
2. Evaluation, fitting, management of Hearing Assistance Technology systems.
3. Participation on central auditory processing team.
4. Assists with direction of Audiometric Technicians.
5. Collaboration with outside providers and agencies regarding audiometric results.
6. Interaction with Committee on Special Education.
7. Provide thorough reporting consistent with Department and District policies.
8. Consultation and in-service with parents, teachers, other professionals, school resource teams, staff, etc.
9. Basic knowledge of sign language.
10.Computer skills or willingness to develop skills necessary for report writing and department data management.
11.Travel to various assignment sites in own vehicle.
1. Civil Service eligibility as Audiologist: Possession of license and registration by the NYS Education Department as an Audiologist.
2. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from ASHA.
3. Experience with Pediatric and Special Education populations preferred.
4. Eligibility for Hearing Aide Dispensing License.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
6. Strong CFY candidates considered.