LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations, As Per Service Requests
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Long Term Substitute Positions & Per Diem; for the 2019-2029 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
1. Evaluate, plan program and provide speech-language services for students with disabilities, 5 - 21 years of age.
2. Communicate with parents, teachers, other involved professionals and appropriate community agencies/services.
3. Development and implementation of IEPs (including preparation for annual reviews and re-evaluations) addressing communication skills as they Integrate with academics, based on students’ needs.
4. Provide thorough and timely reporting consistent with Department policies and program requirements.
5. Participate in departmental, program, and building meetings, team meetings; and staffing.
6. Implement various service delivery models.
7. Establish and maintain a daily schedule.
8. Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other Professionals, parents, students, and department colleagues.
9. Maintain credentials through ongoing professional development.
1. NYS Certification as a Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped/Teacher of Students with Speech/Language Disabilities.
2. NYS License as a Speech-Language Pathologist preferred.
3. ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology preferred.
4. Experience with school age special and general education populations preferred.
5. Experience with itinerant service delivery models preferred.
6. Experience with neuro-developmental approaches preferred.
7. Experience and/or knowledge of assistive technology and AAC preferred.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).