STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
1. Respond to requests submitted to the Regional Certification Office.
2. Consult with individual teacher certification applicants and school districts seeking information relating to NYS teaching certificates.
3. Provide guidance to applicants regarding the TEACH system.
4. Evaluate official college transcript information to confirm certification requirements are met, and if not, advise applicant on additional coursework for fulfilling requirements.
5. Participate in telephone conferences with SED
6. Willingness to travel to Albany, NY overnights, for initial training and annual certification conferences.
7. Maintain current knowledge of NYS testing required to obtain or maintain teacher certification.
8. Act as liaison between teacher certification applicants and teacher preparation programs at local higher education institutions.
9. Act as liaison between component school districts and the Office of Teaching.
10. Process non-teacher coaching applications and advise coaches about how to complete coaching classes.
11. Present periodic information meetings with component school district administrators to advise them of any changes in requirements for certification.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Regional Certification Officer: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master’s degree in Human Resources Administration, Education (including Education Administration and other education degrees), Public Administration, Student Personnel or Student Affairs Administration, Business Administration, or a closely related field; OR,
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields mentioned in (A) above, plus one (1) year paid full-time or its part- time equivalent experience evaluating professional credentials, or in human resources developing job descriptions and qualifications, or office management*; OR,