LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Eastern Monroe Career Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month, Full Time position
STARTING DATE: September 3, 2019
1. Provide instruction for high school students in a career and technical program in Professional Health Careers and prepare students for the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) exam.
2. Implement Individualized Educational Plans (IEP’s) to meet students’ needs.
3. Oversee all labs that provide high school students’ with a hands-on, practical experience in CNA.
4. Implement curriculum according to New York State secondary school standards and New York State Health department.
5. Attend faculty and professional development meetings.
6. Arrange for speakers, field trips, community service and shadowing experiences for students.
7. Work in a team environment that fosters the philosophy of collaborative planning and an interdisciplinary approach to learning.
8. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents, districts, community agencies and the NYS DOH.
1. NYS Registered Nurse (RN) license required.
2. Bachelor’s degree in a related medical or related field required.
3. At least two (2) years of Occupational Work Experience in Nursing.
4. Must possess or be willing to obtain NYS CTE teacher certification.
5. Experience in the nursing field preferred.
6. Ability to teach high school students.
7. Experience with students with disabilities preferred.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).