LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Eastern Monroe Career Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month, Full Time
STARTING DATE: September 3, 2019
1. Assist with instruction for high school students in a career and technical program in Professional Health Careers and prepared students for the Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) exam.
2. Implement Individualized Educational Plans (IEP’s) to meet students’ needs
3. Assist with the overseeing all labs that provide high school students’ with a hands-on, practical experience in CNA.
4. Assist with the implementation of curriculum according to New York State secondary school standards and New York State Health department.
5. Attend faculty and professional development meetings
6. Assist with arranging for speakers, field trips, community service and shadowing experiences for students
7. Work in a team environment that fosters the philosophy of collaborative planning and an interdisciplinary approach to learning 8. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents, districts, community agencies and the NYS DOH.
1. NYS Registered Nurse (RN) certification required.
2. Must have or meet requirements for Civil Service title of School Nurse; Possession of a current New York State License as a School Nurse.
3. Minimum of two years of experience working in long-term care with a geriatric population or caring for the chronically ill required.
4. Ability to work with high school students.
5. Experience with students with disabilities preferred.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).