LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Instruction & Technology Services, Office of School Improvement, 15 Linden Park
TERM OF POSITION: 12 Month Position
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2019
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Director of School Improvement reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent for Accountability Assessment and Technology. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and presenting professional development programs and workshops. This position will oversee staff development, curriculum, and instruction initiatives for the Monroe One BOCES Office of School Improvement.
1. Directs and supervises the Office of School Improvement staff, including Instructional Specialists, in determining and developing current and anticipated curriculum, instruction, and professional development needs in cooperation with Monroe One BOCES component school districts.
2. Directs and supervises regional curriculum writing initiatives.
3. Plans and facilitates professional development.
4. Determines the impact of professional development.
5. Markets and encourages participation in upcoming staff development initiatives and activities.
6. Directs the scheduling of training sessions, development of registration procedures, facility setup, notification of employees, and coordination of other practical elements involved with planning professional development activities.
7. Develops and manages the budget for the School Improvement CoSer.
8. Evaluates the Office of School Improvement.
1. New York State Certification as a School District Leader (SDL) or School District Administrator (SDA) required.
2. Prior experience as an Administrator preferred.
3. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to speak and write effectively.
5. Strong organization skills and attention to detail is required.
6. Experience in providing and developing Professional Development required.
7. Comprehensive knowledge of the NYS learning standards and research based instructional practices.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).