LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Eastern Monroe Career Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month Position, Full Time Probationary
STARTING DATE: September 3, 2019
1. Serve as the case manager for students with IEPs and or 504s across CTE programs.
2. Support CTE teachers in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of instruction for students with disabilities in accordance with NYS mandates, IEP goals, and best practices.
3. Ensure proper implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) to meet student needs.
4. Facilitate and support the implementation of individualized behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for students with behavioral needs.
5. Serve on a multidisciplinary team to support students who are struggling and offer recommendations to improve student performance and achievement.
6. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents and districts as it relates to the case management of special education students.
7. Assist in the creation of professional development activities to increase staff awareness and ability to support students with special needs.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of federal and state legislation regarding students with disabilities.
1. New York State Teaching Certification in Special Education K-12 or 7-12 with a Content Area Specialty required.
2. New York State Teaching Certification in Career and Technical Education preferred.
3. At least five years of successful teaching experience. With three of those years in special education and with high school aged students, strongly preferred.
4. Experience working within a high school and/or CTE setting preferred.
5. Experience working with students with disabilities preferred.
6. Training in Life Space Crisis Intervention strategies, TCI, SCIP-R or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
7. Knowledge and experience with implementation of New York State Learning Standards inclusive of the Career Development and Occupational Studies (CDOS) Standards.
8. Proven leadership with classroom team management preferred.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).