This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, eSTART and O'Connor Academy
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Part Time positions; July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Plan and provide instruction for students with disabilities in accordance with NYS mandates and standards.
2. Implement individualized behavior intervention plans for students with behavioral needs.
3. Develop, implement and evaluate Individual Education Plans (IEPs) to meet student needs.
4. Develop, implement and evaluate lesson plans utilizing IEP goals, the Common Core, and best practices.
5. Work on a multidisciplinary team to foster collaborative planning and an interdisciplinary approach to learning.
6. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents, districts and community agencies.
7. Case manager for team of Paraeducators and related service providers.
1. Appropriate Special Education Certification.
2. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
3. Attend a mandatory planning meeting.
4. Experience working with students with intense behavioral/emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities preferred.
5. Training in Life Crisis Intervention strategies, TCI, SCIP-R or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
6. Physically able to perform all essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including, but not limited to:
• Physical intervention techniques
• Supporting/transporting students in wheelchairs and/or providing assistance with transfer, ambulation and positioning
• Escorting, walking with, or in some cases running after students in multiple settings such as in community based activities, nature walks and school buildings
• Lifting as necessary in all programs
7. Knowledge and experience with implementation of NYS standards and NYS Alternative Assessment.
8. Proven leadership with classroom team management preferred.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs.