LOCATION OF POSITION: This position reports to the Custodial Supervisor of Monroe One BOCES. This position is based at 41 O’Connor Rd, Fairport, and will require working at multiple BOCES locations.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month Position, Full Time, Hours 3:00 PM-11:00 PM
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2019
DUTIES: Responsible for all aspects of general cleaning offices, classrooms and bathrooms, including but not limited to:
1. Adhering to work practices, procedures, and safety plans and procedures including those for blood-borne pathogens.
2. Window cleaning, wall washing, dry mopping, dusting, and vacuuming.
3. Trash removal and recycling.
4. Responding to emergency calls for cleaning, including body fluid clean-ups.
5. Floor stripping and refinishing.
6. Operating cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers and carpet extractors.
7. Cleaning bathrooms and locker rooms, filling dispensers with soap and paper.
8. Swimming pool and deck cleaning and maintenance.
9. Moving furniture for relocations and setting up rooms for special programs and uses.
10. Securing windows, doors, and locking up an area or building.
11. Other related work as assigned.
1. Must have valid driver's license.
2. Knowledge of building cleaning procedures, materials and equipment.
3. Knowledge of cleaning agents and proper applications.
4. Able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
5. Able to retrieve work orders from a computer work order system.
6. Good attention to detail.
7. Able to work independently and as a team member, willing to assist and help other staff members.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of position (with or without reasonable accommodation), including but not limited to:
a. repetitive cleaning tasks
b. lift and carry 50 pounds
c. light, medium, and heavy physical effort to clean and care for assignments - walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and crouching.