LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time & Part Time positions available (depending on requests for Monroe One BOCES Mental Health Services) for the 2019 – 2020 School Year
STARTING DATE: September 3rd, 2019
DESCRIPTION: School Psychologists provide counseling, assessment, classroom support, mental health consultation, family support and community outreach for students receiving Monroe One BOCES educational services.
1. Participate on professional educational teams in the development and delivery of Individual Education Programs, including appropriate social/emotional/behavioral supports and behavioral intervention programs.
2. Provide individual and group counseling as defined by IEP and based on students’ needs.
3. Complete psycho-educational assessment/reevaluation and documentation of student performance and progress, as required.
4. Deliver social skills groups, mental health interventions and crisis support.
5. Provide outreach and collaboration to outside agencies, organizations and school districts, as needed.
6. Provide parent support and education as needed.
7. Collaborate with the educational team in the development, revision and implementation of Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans and classroom positive behavior support systems.
8. Contribute to program and department initiatives to further positive social, behavioral and educational supports.
1. Master's Degree level in School Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology.
2. Provisional or Permanent Certification as a NYS School Psychologist.
3. Experienced in providing counseling and supportive mental health services to students with disabilities.
4. Versed in psycho-educational assessment through the use of multiple cognitive, achievement, adaptive and/or behavioral measures.
5. Demonstrate technical skills to effectively fill the role of School Psychologist.
6. Training in Life Crisis Intervention strategies - TCI, SCIP-R or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).