LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Business Office
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month Position, Full Time - 8 hours per day
STARTING DATE: June 1, 2019
Staff position reports directly to the Treasurer and is responsible for billing the services performed by the BOCES to our Components, Other districts in Other BOCES, and Rochester City School District.
1. Create all billing in WinCap for Contract and Non Contract services.
2. Interact with many departments and school districts to answer questions and resolve any billing issues.
3. Maintain an efficient schedule to import and/or enter billing data on a monthly basis.
4. Process Contract billing monthly and scan/email to districts.
5. Maintain an organized workspace.
6. Prepare Transportation Contracts.
7. Process Other BOCES bills for payment.
8. Process Cross Contracts forms from Other BOCES as needed.
9. Process ESY billing on an annual basis.
10 .Process High Cost Stac Amendment Reports.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Treasurer or Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Clerk I: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
A. Four (4) years of paid full-time or its part-time or volunteer equivalent office clerical or secretarial experience; OR,
B. An Associate's degree in Secretarial Science, Office Technology or a closely related field, plus two (2) years of experience as described in (A) above; OR,
C. Any equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B).
NOTES: Successful completion of one (1) year of college coursework (or 30 semester credit hours) from a New York State registered or regionally accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience.
Experience as a Teller, Cashier or Sales Clerk, shall not be considered office clerical experience.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
3. Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and follow-up ability.
4. Proficient in finance software systems. WinCap preferred.
5. Ability to work independently, be proactive, meet deadlines, make appropriate decisions, be versatile, adapt to a variety of circumstances and exhibit effective problem solving skills.
6. Skilled in PC Applications: Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
7. Five to ten years of clerical experience required.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).