This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Eastern Monroe Career Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, Temporary, June 27, 2019 – July 12, 2019.
1. Instruct students in theory and application of Cosmetology.
2. Provide students with extensive guided practice.
3. Maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment.
4. Maintain written records of attendance and progress.
5. Order materials and equipment necessary for the operation of the program.
1. NYS Cosmetology license and NYS Certification in Cosmetology required.
2. Minimum of five years of industry experience.
3. Ability to work effectively with high school students.
4. Previous teaching experience preferred.
5. College degree preferred.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.