This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION: Monroe One BOCES, Eastern Monroe Career Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - July 26, 2019. Hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm, Friday 8:00 am - 12:15 pm.
1. Assist lead teacher with supervision of 8th and 9th grade students in machine shops skills.
2. Assist lead teacher in grading students’ skills and projects.
1. Knowledge of and experience with manual machining, print reading, precision measuring tools like micrometers, calipers and similar tools.
2. Physically able to perform essential functions of position (with or without reasonable accommodation), including but not limited to: Able to lift 50 pounds, ride a school bus for Friday field trips, and walk three miles throughout the day.
3. Commit to Monday - Friday, July 8-26, 2019.
Knowledge of and experience with CNC machining, Mastercam and Inventor 2017.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.