LOCATION OF POSITON: Monroe One BOCES, Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month, Full Time Probationary
STARTING DATE: September 2, 2019
1. Plan and provide instruction for students with learning, behavioral, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in accordance with NYS mandates and standards.
2. Develop, implement and evaluate Individual Education Plans (IEPS) to meet student needs.
3. Develop, implement and evaluate lesson plans utilizing best practices and aligned with NYS Learning Standards.
4. Develop, implement and evaluate alternative behavior management plans.
5. Work on a multidisciplinary team to foster collaborative planning and an interdisciplinary approach to learning.
6. Communicate effectively with school staff, parents, districts and community agencies.
7. Manage and support classroom team.
8. Participate in on-going training.
1. NYS Initial/Professional Students with Disabilities grades 1-6 AND Students with Disabilities grades 7-12 Generalist Certification OR Permanent Special Education K-12.
2. Experience working with students with intense behavioral/emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities preferred.
3. Training in Life Crisis Intervention strategies, TCI, SCIP-R or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
4. Knowledge and experience implementation NYS standards, Core Curriculum and NYS Alternative Assessment.
5. Proven leadership with classroom team management preferred.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including, but not limited to, the ability to use approved physical intervention techniques when necessary.