LOCATION OF POSITION: Cooperative Summer School – East Irondequoit Middle School and Penfield High School
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019
HOURS: 7:25 am - 12:25 pm
1. Assist the classroom teacher by performing non-instructional duties to support students individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
2. Assist with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom and hallways.
3. Assist with classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior.
4. Assist with the preparation of classroom materials, projects, demonstrations and displays.
5. Assist with clerical and record keeping duties or other general housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
6. Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
7. Attend meetings as necessary.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Teacher Aide/Paraeducator required: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
A. One (1) year of full time or its part time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working in a clerical capacity; OR,
B. One (1) year of full time or its part time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working with children; OR,
C. Possession of a certificate of completion of a course of Child Care Through an occupational school, the American Red Cross or similar agency; OR,
D. A combination of experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C) above.
2. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate with adults and students.
3. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
4. Must provide a copy of high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (applications submitted without this documentation will not be considered).
Employment in the Cooperative Summer School program is enrollment/registration driven. Please note that previous employment in the Cooperative Summer School program does not guarantee future employment in the program. Rate of pay is per diem based on number of years of service in the Cooperative Summer School program. All Cooperative Summer School employees are paid on timesheets. Staff are expected to work all appointed days.
2019 Cooperative Summer School Payroll Schedule - Time sheet employees will be paid on the following schedule:
| Pay Period || Pay Date |
| July 1 to July 12 || July 30, 2019 |
| July 15 to July 26 || August 15, 2019 |
| July 29 to August 9 || August 30, 2019 |
| August 12 to August 16 || September 13, 2019 |