This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Rochester City School District
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Time frame varies with Assignment, June 24, 2019 – August 31, 2019; Part Time, Full Time and Substitute Positions
1. Summer School
2. Sports Requalification – Between 2 - 6 hour sessions available in August
3. Registration Center
1. Care for students in summer school programs.
2. Provide first Aid and emergency care to students and staff.
3. Assist with requalification of students for participation in sports.
4. Clean equipment, order supplies and maintain office environment.
5. Collect data on students – BP, pulse, temp, etc.
6. Assist with maintaining adequate, legible health records.
7. Obtain health information for new students at the time of registration.
8. Review records for new students to insure appropriate information is obtained.
9. Communicate appropriately with School Nurse, school personnel and parents, both verbally and in writing.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Health Aide: Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma.
2. First Aid and CPR/AED Certification.
3. School Health experience preferred.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including running to emergencies.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.