This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019: Six-week position Dates TBD by location, 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location, pre and post summer trainings TBD.
1. Implement audiology services which may include HAT management, HAT trials, audio-consult, CAPE and audio evaluation to meet goals/objectives of each student’s IEP.
2. Assess communication skills as needed so that each student can successfully participate in all aspects of their summer school program.
3. Participate in staffing conferences and classroom related activities of the summer program.
4. Generate summary reports and other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program as requested by BOCES program principals and/or Clinical Therapy Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Educational Team/Program Administrators.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Audiologist: Possession of license and registration by the NYS Education Department as an Audiologist. ASHA certification (preferred).
2. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
3. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideratin to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.