This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES: Consultant Teacher & Tutoring Services
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Various dates available June through August 2019
1. Provide direct instruction to students in needed content areas.
2. Travel to school district buildings, students’ homes, hospitals or other community locations for direct instruction.
3. Complete all required documentation and follow department procedures.
4. Provide written assessment/progress reports to the school districts and the BOCES Consultant Teacher and Tutoring Services office.
5. Effectively communicate among home, school staff, district and community agencies.
1. Certification in Special Education.
2. Certification in various content areas preferred.
3. Experience working with students who exhibit learning disabilities preferred.
4. Knowledge of the NYS Standards, Common Core and NYS Assessments.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.