This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019. Plus pre-and post- summer requirements as needed. Full Time and Part Time. For all Summer Work: Mandatory planning meeting on a date to be determined.
1. Provide receptive and expressive Cued Speech Transliterating in the classroom and for special events during the school day.
2. Assist Deaf/Hard of Hearing students to develop the necessary skills to successfully participate in all aspects of the Summer Work program.
3. Work collaboratively with the teacher/classroom team/Program Administrator.
1. A documented score of 3.4 or higher on the Cued American English Competency Screening (CAECS) or demonstration of comparable skills.
2. Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Interpreting, Deaf Education or related area - or graduation from an interpreter training program, strongly preferred.
3. Experience in support services programs with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students preferred.
4. Must be available for all days of the assignment.
5. Attend a mandatory planning meeting on a date to be determined.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.