This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: May 13, 2019 - September 3, 2019
STARTING DATE: May 13, 2019 or later
DUTIES: Responsible for all aspects of building maintenance, including, but not limited to
1. Prepare drywall, masonry block and metal frames to be painted.
2. Painting interior and exterior walls and doors.
3. Assist with custodial activities such as cleaning, housekeeping, floor and carpet care, vacuuming, mopping, trash removal and moving furniture.
4. Grounds work.
1. Good attendance a must.
2. Experience using various hand tools and mowing equipment.
3. Ability to read and follow directions.
4. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.
5. Good oral communication skills.
6. One year of full-time experience in grounds maintenance preferred.
7. Valid NYS Driver’s License.
8. Self-starter and able to follow directions and work with a minimum amount of supervision or direction.
9. Willingness to perform additional duties.
10. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.