This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: June 24, 2019 – August 31, 2019
STARTING DATE: June 24, 2019
1. Painting interior and exterior walls, doors and ceilings.
2. Prepare drywall, masonry block and metal frames to be painted.
3. Carpentry skills, installing studded walls and drywall.
4. Operate boom and scissor lifts.
5. Assist Maintenance Mechanic 1 and 2 level employees with technical maintenance installations, repairs, renovations and construction of plumbing and HVAC systems.
6. Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
7. Assist with custodial activities such as cleaning, housekeeping, floor and carpet care, vacuuming, mopping, trash removal and moving furniture.
8. Complete other assigned tasks as required.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Maintenance Mechanic III:
A. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma, plus six (6) months of paid full time or its part time equivalent work experience in one or more of the electrical, mechanical or construction trades; OR,
B. Graduation from a technical high school or trade school with a major in the electrical , mechanical or construction trades as a substitute for the six (6) months of work experience described in (A).
2. Minimum of three years painting and carpentry experience in an educational or commercial environment.
3. Strict attention to detail.
4. Ability to use computer programs to manage and obtain work orders.
5. Good personal verbal and written communication skills.
6. Good attendance and self-directed worker.
7. Display a positive attitude.
8. High School Diploma, or GED; Associates (AAS) Degree in Vocational Trades preferred.
9. Valid NYS Driver’s License.
10. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.