This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019. Six-week position, 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location. Dates TBD by location, pre and post summer trainings TBD.
1. Implement services to meet goals/objectives of students’ IEPs.
2. Participate in staffing meetings and classroom related activities of the summer program.
3. Supervise Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant(s).
4. Generate summary reports, or other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program as requested by BOCES program principals and/or Occupational/Physical Therapy Program Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Educational Team/Program Administrators.
1. Civil Service eligibility as Occupational Therapist:
A. Licensed and currently registered or eligible for licensure and registration by the NYS Education Department as an Occupational Therapist.
2. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
3. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideratin to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.