This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Per Diem, June 24, 2019 to August 31, 2019; schedule dependent on referrals to Monroe One BOCES Special Education Programs
1. Meet with students, families, other indicated participants attending Intake appointments for students referred to Monroe One BOCES Regular School Year and/or Extended School Year Special Education programs.
2. Review referral information – educational, psychosocial, medical, emotional/behavioral - provided on each referred student.
3. Conduct Intake interviews with students, families, other indicated participants, attending Intake appointments.
4. Assist families in the completion of indicated Monroe One BOCES forms.
5. Complete required documentation, including Intake Reports,
6. Collaborate with program and department personnel, as needed.
7. Assist educational teams in making recommendations to Individual Education Programs for students entering a Monroe One BOCES program.
1. Master of School Social Work.
2. NYS Provisional or Permanent Certification as a School Social Worker.
3. Experience working in specialized educational programs and delivering supportive services to students with disabilities.
4. Understanding of NYS Special Education laws, regulations and processes.
5. Knowledge of Monroe #1 BOCES Special Education programs.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.