This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019, Full Time, plus pre and post summer requirements as needed. (Specific dates dependent on location.) For all Summer Work: Mandatory planning meeting on a date to be determined.
1. Act as language model, and provide some receptive and expressive interpreting in the classroom and special events during the school day.
2. Work one on one to assist special education/related services student to develop the necessary skills to successfully participate in the mainstream.
3. Coordinate with teacher and other education team members toward program goals.
4. Facilitate spoken and signed communication between student and staff.
5. Participate in in-servicing faculty and students as necessary.
1. High School graduate; Associate's degree preferred.
2. Intermediate to advanced sign language skills.
3. Basic interpreting skills.
4. Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training required.
5. Experience in support service programs with deaf/hearing impaired or special education programs preferred.
6. Must be available for all days of the assignment.
7. Attend a mandatory planning meeting on a date to be determined.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.