This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations: 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT : July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019. Six-week position: Dates TBD by location; pre and post summer trainings TBD.
1. Implement services to meet goals/objectives of student IEP.
2. Assess communication skills as needed so that each student can successfully participate in all aspects of their summer school program.
3. Participate in staffing conferences and classroom related activities of the summer program.
4. Generate summary reports and other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program as requested by supervising Speech Language Pathologist, BOCES program principal and/or Clinical Therapy Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Classroom Team/Program Administrators.
6. Plan, support and implement school wide activities around theme.
7. May require travel between program locations.
1. NYS Certification and/or License (both preferred) as required by the State Education Department for practice/work in the school setting; License preferred.
2. ASHA Certification (preferred).
3. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
4. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.