This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Various dates available June through August 2019
1. Provide direct instructional support to students. Primary needs are in areas of reading, special education, foreign language, math and science.
2. Travel to school district buildings, student’s homes, hospitals or other community locations for direct instruction and to coordinate curriculum and schedules with school counselors, teachers, and school/program/hospital personnel.
3. Provide written assessment/progress reports to the school districts and the BOCES Consultant Teacher and Tutoring office.
4. Special education tutors are involved in the IEP process.
1. Appropriate NYS Teacher Certification required.
2. Applicants with strong college background in the academic areas of Reading Math, Science and/or Foreign Language will also be considered for specialized assignments.
3. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.