This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; East Rochester / Fairport
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Time frame varies with Assignment, June 24, 2019 – August 31, 2019; Part Time, Full Time, 1:1 and Substitute Positions available
DUTIES: (may include)
1. Monitor physical status of children regarding chronic diseases (i.e. epilepsy, diabetes) in addition to other disabilities (i.e. developmental, emotional).
2. Dispense and monitor medications and treatments.
3. Consult with staff regarding medical and developmental status of children.
4. Liaison with physicians, community agencies, parents, students and staff.
5. Provide First Aid to students and staff.
6. Work under the direction of the School Nurse.
7. Accompany student on community trips as needed.
8. Accompany student on bus runs as needed.
9. Provide personal care for 1:1 student as needed.
10. Ability to run to emergencies and perform CPR.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Licensed Practical Nurse: Possession of a valid New York State Registered Professional Nursing (RN) license or valid New York State Licensed Professional Nursing (LPN) license.
2. AED/CPR Certification required; must renew with Monroe # 1 BOCES.
3. Pediatric experience preferred.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), including running to emergencies.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. Frist consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.