This is for a Summer Work position and is not considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the BOCES ESY posting.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One Boces; East Rochester / Fairport
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Timeframe varies with Assignment; June 24, 2019 – August 31, 2019; Part Time, Full Time and Substitute Positions
1. School Nurses for Summer Work Program
2. CSE Committee preparation
DUTIES (may include):
1. Monitor physical status of children regarding chronic diseases (i.e. epilepsy, diabetes) in addition to other disabilities (i.e. developmental, emotional).
2. Dispense and monitor medications and treatments.
3. Consult with staff regarding medical and developmental status of children.
4. Liaison with physicians, community agencies, parents, students and staff.
5. Develop IHCPs and Emergency Plans as needed.
6. Provide First Aid to students and staff.
7. Prepare information for CSE meetings.
8. Recertify students for participation in sports.
9. Ability to run to emergencies and perform CPR.
10. Attend intake/admission meetings as needed.
11. Review health records, collaborate with Physician to obtain medical forms/paperwork needed.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a School Nurse: Possession of a current New York State License as a Registered Nurse.
2. CPR/AED Certified.
3. Prior school nursing, pediatric nursing experience desirable.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), which may or may not include: responding to emergency situations quickly (which may requiring running up/down stairs or running to sports field areas).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 04/09/2019.