LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Foreman Center
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Part Time; Monday – Thursday, 12:00-3:00, from February 15, 2019 through August 15, 2019
STARTING DATE: February 15, 2019
1. Responsible for planning and instructing adult students in reading, writing, speaking, listening skills and citizenship. Instruct students in using computers with ESOL internet sites, as well as Word, email, and the internet in general.
2. Keep attendance records, progress reports, follow testing and NRS data collection requirements, and other records as needed.
3. Communicate with staff and administration regarding student needs.
4. Attend related in service and staff meetings.
5. Promote programs.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Current NYS TESOL, Elementary, Secondary (English), or Adult Education Certification required.
2. Experience in teaching ESOL preferred.
3. Experience teaching adults preferred.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).