This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019, Full and Part Time Positions. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Coordinate all aspects of BOCES summer work program.
2. Maintain all records required by Department of Labor and BOCES.
3. Develop work sites and place students.
4. Liaison with BOCES transportation and a BOCES Principal.
5. Recruit, interview and enroll student workers.
6. Other duties as determined by the ESY administrative teams at Creekside and District Based Programs.
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Experienced working as a Work Experience Specialist.
3. Experience working with students with developmental disabilities, and autism.
4. Experience working with middle and high school students in a Day Treatment Program.
5. Experience in counseling, work-study, job development, or other work related activities.
6. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer School Program.
7. Applicants must attend mandatory planning meeting and classroom set-up.
8. Must have valid NYS driver’s license and ability to travel to worksites and programs on a daily basis.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.