This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various locations; Hours TBD by location, 7 hours a day.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT : July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. A mandatory planning meeting may be scheduled per program assigned in. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Implement services to meet goals/objectives of student IEP.
2. Assess communication skills as needed so that each student can successfully participate in all aspects of their summer school program.
3. Participate in staffing conferences and classroom related activities of the summer program.
4. Generate summary reports and other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program as requested by supervising Speech Language Pathologist, BOCES program principal and/or Clinical Therapy Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Classroom Team/Program Administrators.
6. Plan, support and implement school wide activities around theme.
7. May require travel between program locations.
1. NYS Certification and/or License as required by the State Education Department for practice/work in the school setting preferred.
2. ASHA Certification preferred.
3. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
4. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.