This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, eSTART Programs; CW building in Henrietta
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Hours: 8:15AM - 11:45AM. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Provide instructional services to students under the general supervision of a licensed or certified teacher.
2. Assist classroom teacher in implementation of Individualized Education Plans for students exhibiting significant communication, learning and behavioral disabilities.
3. Adapt and implement classroom lessons and activities under the supervision of the teacher.
4. Work cooperatively with staff, administration and consultants to implement and monitor Individual Behavior Plans.
5. Communicate effectively with the team including classroom teachers, other professional staff and parents.
6. Collect data and provide input to the behavioral specialist and classroom team.
7. Accompany students to and from all areas outside of the classroom (swimming, riding the bus, etc.).
8. Plan and implement daily activities.
9. Assist with maintaining record-keeping.
10. Assist students in communicating utilizing adaptive communication devices.
11. Attend staffing meetings and training before and after school as needed.
12. Attend training specific to students.
13. Support students in work programs.
14. Other duties as determined by the classroom teacher or Building administrator.
1. Valid NYS Teaching Assistant Certificate or willingness to obtain certification.
2. Experience working with students with behavioral/emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities preferred.
3. College level work in education preferred.
4. Training in individual and classroom management systems.
5. Training in Life Space Interventions/SCIP-R/TCI/CPI or similar systems.
6. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including, but not limited to:
- Ability to use approved physical intervention techniques when necessary
- Lifting and/or carrying
- Standing, stooping, bending, crouching, squatting, kneeling, and/or reaching, walking, running, and/or escorting
students in multiple settings.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.