This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION: Monroe One BOCES, Bird/Morgan School
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Assist classroom teacher in implementation of Individualized Education Plans for students exhibiting significant communication, learning and behavioral disabilities.
2. Adapt and implement classroom lessons and activities under the supervision of the teacher.
3. Implement Individual Behavior Plans.
4. Collect data and provide input to the behavioral specialist and classroom team.
5. Assist students with daily living skills (dressing, toileting etc.).
6. Accompany students to and from all areas outside of the classroom.
7. Assist students in communicating utilizing adaptive communication devices.
8. Attend staffing, meetings and training before and after school.
9. Other duties as determined by the classroom teacher or building administrator.
1. College level work in education or related field.
2. Experience working with students with intense behavioral/emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities preferred.
3. Therapeutic Crisis Intervention or Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention Training preferred.
4. Experience utilizing applied Behavior Analysis Strategies preferred.
5. Applicants must commit to working the full 30 day Extended School Year Program including a mandatory planning meeting.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.