This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Tour Program; University of Rochester
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time position from July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Support teacher with the implementation of Individualized Education Plans.
2. Provide 1:1 instruction in a consistent, supportive environment in a cooperative effort with the classroom.
3. Work cooperatively with staff, administration and consultants to implement and monitor Behavior Intervention Plans.
4. Responsible for instruction of student consistent with IEP.
5. Plan and implement daily activities.
6. Assist with maintaining record keeping.
7. Attend staffings, meetings and training before and after school.
8. Communicate effectively with the team including classroom teachers, other professional staff and parents.
9. Training in instructional strategies for students with autism.
10. Other duties as determined by the classroom team, administration and behavioral consultant.
11. Responsible to take care of students daily needs, and support school wide activities. (i.e. swimming, and riding school busses)
12. Support students in work.
13. Willingness to attend training specific to student.
1. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day summer program.
2. Experience working with students with autism and multiple disabilities.
3. College level work in education and an Associate Teacher Certificate.
4. Training in individual and classroom management systems.
5. Training in Life Space Interventions/SCIP-R/TCI/CPI or similar systems.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without) reasonable accomodation.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.