This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, eSTART Programs; CW Building in Henrietta
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Hours: 8:15AM - 11:45AM. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Plan and provide English Language Arts instruction for adolescent students exhibiting social, emotional and learning needs in accordance with NYS mandates.
2. Implement and evaluate Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) to meet student needs.
3. Implement and evaluate behavior intervention plans for secondary students.
4. Work in a team environment that fosters the philosophy of collaborative planning and an interdisciplinary approach to learning.
5. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents, districts and community agencies.
6. Supervise a student work study site as part of student transition goal development.
1. Current and valid NYS Certification in Special Education and in the content area of English Language Arts.
2. Successful teaching experience instructing Special Education High School English.
3. Experience working with high school age students with emotional/behavioral challenges strongly preferred.
4. Training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention strategies or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
5. Applicants must commit to the full 30-day Summer Program.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.